Mmm, I guess I'm not seeing the whole picture :-/

Could you send the wsdl, and an example of the full request/response envelopes you are getting? I think it would help me to understand what is happening :-)

Rodrigo Ruiz

Justin Schoeman wrote:
Rodrigo Ruiz wrote:
Justin,

Starting from a WSDL file that uses inheritance, I have successfully generated the beans, and they keep their hierarchy relationship, using Axis 1.2.1 (from within a Eclipse with WST). It only re-generates the beans if they are not in the classpath, so I am able to customize them, and keep the changes.

No sign of any duplicate classes. All the class names match the expected names and namespaces.

Perhaps your problem is that wsdl2java is generating a parallel bean hierarchy on another package. Try to print the class name of your bean's parent class.

Done that - names are correct.

It seems as though the deserialiser creates the object at the level of the hierarchy as specified in the WSDL document, NOT as specified in the type attribute in the message...

-justin