Title: WSDL interop question using .NET service and Axis2 0.94 client

I'm a software architect who has been working with distributed MS technologies since 97.  I have been working with ASMX 2.0 and WSE3, along with the Indigo beta bits for a while.  I am now starting to dive deep into both Axis2 and the Sun JWSDP 2 implementations to see where the gaps are and just how well the frameworks interoperate when using more advanced WS technologies (i.e. TCP hosting, MTOM, custom transports, etc.).

As such, I'm focusing on the contract-first approach - creating my WSDL, then generating my respective .NET and Java implementations.

I've come across a couple issues when running WSDL2Java on doc/literal WSDL - one of which has already been reported on this list.  The other may be WSDL2Java user error, but I'm not sure.

Question #1 [already reported against 0.94]:
WSDL2Java throws an exception when the the WSDL types section contains more than one restricted enumeration.  This one has already been reported and apparently used to work in 0.93.  So, hopefully, this will be an easy fix for a 0.94 patch or 0.95.

Question #2:
When I generate client proxy code for a message with a single <part name="parameters" …/> and document/literal binding and operations (i.e. NO rpc anywhere) I still end up with ADDBean-derived databound Java wrapper objects.

Is there a way to get the client proxy code to simply have a method with the actual parameters instead of the single databound wrapper object parameter?  If I generate .NET client proxies, the code is the CLR types as generated from the XSD to CLR conversion - without any wrapper parameter object.  Also, if I run the wscompile tool with the JWSDP 2, it generates the non-wrapped client proxy similar to .NET.

Thanks in advance for any help.  Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Bob DeRemer
Sr. Software Architect

SAP Labs, LLC
350 Eagleview Blvd