Hi Prashanth,

  Can you let me know as to how to retreive the HTTPSession from
ServletEndpointContext ?

Thanks and Regards,
Nayana

On 3/21/06, prashanth shivakumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This is how i have done it..
Some of the people over in this forum suggested the same..

Make your servlet webservice  endpoint interface implement javax.xml.rpc.server.ServiceLifecycle interface
Than you need to define init() and destroy() methods.
Using ServletEndpointContext you can retrieve HTTPSession and thats what you need to maintain state.
Implement your backend logic in stateless EJBs

given below is a small snippet from my servlet endpoint

Cheers

========================

javax.xml.rpc.server.ServletEndpointContext servletContext;

 /**
  *
  */

 public void init(Object context) {
   servletContext = (javax.xml.rpc.server.ServletEndpointContext) context;

 }

 /**
  *
  */