Ok, I managed to send normal xml tags by sending SOAPBodyElement instead of String but there is another problem - polish characters (those with tails). When I read polish signs to DOM element and then write it back to the file - everything is ok, but when I pass the same DOM Document as parameter of axis service method - something strange is happening to those polish signs - the rest of the letters are ok - only each polish sign is encoded on 7 bytes!!! What encoding is that! How can I change it?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, March 25, 2006 6:18 PM
Subject: Re: web-service String parameter encoding problem

The embedded XML document must be escaped. That's why it looks funny.

Anne

On 3/24/06, Anna Krajewska <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Hi

I have a problem with String parameter encoding. I have a web-service that takes as a parameter java.lang.String which is serialized xml DOM document. This document has proper header:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

but when I try to save my SOAPEnvelope with my own created BaseHandler:

Handler serviceHandler = msgContext.getService();
MessageContext msgctx = msgContext.getCurrentContext();
org.apache.axis.Message msg = msgctx.getCurrentMessage();
File file = new File("C:\\envelope.xml");
FileOutputStream fos = new FileOutputStream(file);
msg.writeTo(fos);
fos.flush();
fos.close();

the whole SOAPEnvelope looks good but the xml document (String parameter) looks terrible. I don't know how to force axis to write that string for me also in UTF-8 encoding to the envelope - just as the whole envelope is encoded. Is it possible anyway?

HELP!

ania