Right. We use the WSDL to build java from, not the other way round. The problem is a bug in axis. We're going to write it up when we get the chance. In the meantime, you will need to decide whether or not to modify the WSDL.

I will bet that if you look at the XML coming from the server, it is correct. The problem lies in the de-serialization of the fault. This is a work-around for that problem.

Veprinsky, Michael wrote:
Hello!
I decided to piggy-back on this thread... I am having similar problems.

Thom,
What did you mean? I suppose recommend changing WSDL definition but a)
my WSDL is auto-published so I can't really change it and b) even if I
do, it does not change the XML that server generates and that is totally
language-specific which kinda violates the purpose. Or did you mean
something else?

I am using Axis 1.3. I have following questions:
1) Is there a way to set server to use SOAP 1.2 (RTFMs are welcome, just
tell where)?
2) Is there a way to specify custom values for faultcode/faultstring?
Best I could get was my exception being serialized into XML under
details but then I have to process it as XML :-\
3) Overall, I need to publish a web service that is going to be used
from different platforms. Is my best bet to just give up faults
altogether and use some custom base result structure with generic error
passing engine? Any recommendations (again, RTFMs are welcome)

I do not expect much success since the envelope XSD itself is pretty
limiting (http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope, toward the end),
it's just those two fields and freeform XML "details". SOAP 1.2 looks a
little better but without documentation it did not help much either.

Any recommendations/insights are welcome.
Thank you,
-Michael

Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe
Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure
                          -- /usr/bin/fortune