Define the WSDL operation with both input and output messages. Define the
output message as being empty with no parts:

<message name="MyOutputMessage" />

- Junaid

             Stefan Freyr
             Stefansson
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             is>                       axis-user@ws.apache.org
                                                                        cc
             04/06/2006 09:30
                                       Making operations with no "output"
                                       type synchronous
             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                  he.org

Hello.

I've been trying to run a single JUnit method that calls an Axis web
service
operation.

The operation receives one "input" parameter but there's no "output"
defined.
The JUnit test case uses the classes generated by wsdl2java to lookup the
service and call the operation like so:

      MyClass_ServiceLocator locator = new MyClass_ServiceLocator();
      MyClass_PortType service = locator.getMyClass(new URL(SERVICE_URL));

      MyOperationRequest request = new MyOperationRequest("Some data...");
      service.myOperation(request);

For some reason this didn't work and I got no error out on the screen. I
later
found out that this was because the JUnit test case called the myOperation
asynchronously and managed to finish and kill the JVM before the stuff
behind
it (the stuff Axis generates) managed to actually even send out a request.

So my question is: Can I define a "void" operation in WSDL without Axis
generating code that calls it asynchronously?

Kind regards, Stefan Freyr.

p.s. I'm using Axis 1.2.1
(See attached file: att26p98.dat)