Per the SOAP sepcificationm Axis determines how to invoke a service based on the QName of the child element of the SOAP Body. It can also use the value of the SOAPAction as a hint.

One common reason why you might get this error if you are using unwrapped document/literal and you have not specified an <operation> definition in the WSDD which tells Axis how to map your incoming message to a method. (See http://www.oio.de/axis-wsdd/operation.htm).

We could help you further if you provide your WSDL and WSDD and maybe a SOAP message trace.

Anne

Hi there,

When I run my client code, I get the following error message:

The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke!  targetService
is null

Can you please advice me how I can fix this?

Many thanx

yasmin