Now, my understanding is that if you place your wsdl file in the META-INF file of the web service's aar file, that is the wsdl file that will be delivered back to the client when you traverse to http://my.endpoint.com/service?wsdl.

However...

in the binding portion of the wsdl file, version 1.1:

1) if no attribute namespace is provided for the operation element, axis2 will add the attribute: namespace="http://org.apache.axis2";

2) if you specify your own namespace, axis2 will replace it with the attribute: namespace="http://org.apache.axis2";

is this the correct behaviour. i have never been able to present a wsdl file back to the client that did not have this namespace. just curious as to why?

is there a way to switch it off? completely!

here's what i mean...

<operation name="ping">
<soap:operation soapAction="ping" style="document"/>
   <input>
<soap:body use="literal" namespace="http://org.apache.axis2/"/>
</input>
   <output>