I was a happy axis-1_1 user on both client and server for about a year when we had to move to a slower server.

Now I get the timed out exception everyday in the morning and I am trying to figure out a way to increase the current timeout (probably at 60 seconds) to something like 180 secs.

Here is the exception I see on the client side.

java.io.InterruptedIOException: Read timed out
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead(Native Method)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:85)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:181)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:199)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readHeadersFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:506) at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:127) at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:71)
        at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:150)
        at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:180)

I checked in Google and forums and tried:
call.setProperty("axis.connect.timeout", new Integer(5000)); // set for 5 secs

But it's not timing out after 5 secs. Idea was to use 180 secs once the above code reproduces the problem.

Thanks for any help,
Sri