Title: Java console application using Axis2 to host WS-I BasicProfile services - is it possible?

I know from a previous post that Axis2 supports hosting services in non-webserver applications over other transports like TCP, JMS, etc.  Is it also possible to host WS-I BasicProfile services (i.e. HTTP transport, text messages) outside the webserver?  I ask because this is something that can be done in .Net using WinFX or using ASMX2 + WSE3 + XP SP2 (i.e. I can host the HTTP runtime in a host other than a formal webserver).

I'm just curious if this is an option because I am designing a system where I need a stateful java application - non webserver-based, and want it to host services.  The problem is I cannot require Axis on some of the known consumers, so I can't require all the clients to use TCP.

Ideally, I would like to define multiple endpoints for the same service logic - one via tcp, the other via http.  Is this possible in a console host using Axis2?

Many thanks,

Bob DeRemer
Sr. Software Architect

SAP Labs, LLC