WS-Policy. (i.e., use products that support WS-Policy)

On 4/27/06, Stanley Stanev <[EMAIL PROTECTED] > wrote:
Anne,

I am with you!

first, WS-Policy has limited support yet
second, shouldn't define our headers in the WSDL

then, do you have an idea todays, how do we expose and in what form the bits
that the infrastructure is responsible for implementing (i.e. headers) to the
consumers

thanks,
Stan

--- Anne Thomas Manes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Stanley,
>
> The WSDL should define the bits that the application code needs to know
> about. It should *not* define the bits that the infrastructure (e.g.,
> handlers and intermediaries) is responsible for implementing (i.e .,
> headers). The infrastructure requirements should be defined using WS-Policy.
>

> Now, admittedly, WS-Policy is not yet a standard, and it has limited support
> by application platforms, but that doesn't change the fact that you really
> shouldn't define your headers in the WSDL.
>
> By the way -- yesterday W3C acknowlegded the submission of the WS-Policy
> specifications (WS-Policy and WS-PolicyAttachments).
> See http://www.w3.org/Submission/2006/06/ .
>

> On 4/27/06, Ruchith Fernando <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Stanley,
> >
> > On 4/27/06, Stanley Stanev < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > yes, that's what I was referring
> > >
> > > I aksed Axis already, but do you know by chance if I am able to generate
> > a WSDL
> > > that contains my own implicit headers using Axis 1.x?
> >
> > I don't think you can generate such a WSDL with Axis 1.x where is
> > defines headers to be included .... maybe an Axis 1.x expert can
> > please correct me on this of I'm wrong? (CCed to Axis-user list)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ruchith

Stanimir Stanev (Stanley)
Senior Java Developer