I saw some bug reports on this situation for Axis 2 (I am currently using 1.3).  Could this be a similar problem?

Joshua

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

05/04/2006 02:46 PM
Please respond to axis-user

        To:        axis-user@ws.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Axis 1.3 axis-wsdl2java StackOverflowError?

All,

I am not sure how to debug this one.  I am receiving a StackOverflowError when running the axis-wsdl2java ant task (See below) to generate the client code.  The interesting thing is, Axis generated this service and it is able to get consumed by a weblogic test client which generates its own code.  Where should I begin looking?

Regards,

Joshua

generate:

[axis-wsdl2java] WSDL2Java http://localhost:7001/app/services/MyService?wsdl

[axis-wsdl2java] Parsing XML file:  http://localhost:7001/app/services/MyService?wsdl

[axis-wsdl2java] Exception in thread "Thread-0" java.lang.StackOverflowError

[axis-wsdl2java]        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SchemaUtils.getComplexElementExtensionBase(SchemaUtils.java:1067)

[axis-wsdl2java]        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable.SchemaUtils.getBaseType(SchemaUtils.java:2051)

[axis-wsdl2java]        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.javifyTypeEntryName(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:529)

[axis-wsdl2java]        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.javifyTypeEntryName(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:533)

[axis-wsdl2java]        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.javifyTypeEntryName(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:533)

[axis-wsdl2java]        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.javifyTypeEntryName(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:533)

[axis-wsdl2java]        at org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava.JavaGeneratorFactory.javifyTypeEntryName(JavaGeneratorFactory.java:533)

confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
destroy all copies.