Nope. i made no such assumption :) Please read the url carefully. note
the package names.

-- dims

On 5/11/06, Axel Bock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Oh, sorry - I didn't mention. I guess you're assuming I'm using Axis 2.
I'm not :)
And my call does not have an addHeader() method, as much as I wish for it
:))

Greetinsg & thanks,
Axel.

(http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tipsoap.html)

> -- dims
>
> On 5/11/06, Axel Bock < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am having BIG problems with a very, very, very simple Axis WS call.
> >
> > Basically I am trying to get a String back from a web service, which has
> > only one method without parameters. I managed to generate stubs and call
it,
> > but I would really like to call it without having to build stubs.
> >
> > problem is, the web service requires (!) a username and a password in
the
> > soap header (I can't do nothing about that). My code so far looks like
this:

> >   String endpoint = "
> > http://localhost/webservice/services/SessionManagement
";
> >   Service service = new Service();
> >   Call call = (Call) service.createCall();
> >   call.setTargetEndpointAddress(endpoint);
> >   call.setOperationName (new QName(" http://my.namespace.setting";,
> > "openSession"));
> >   String ret = (String) call.invoke(null);
> >   System.out.println("got: " + ret);
> >

> > basically that is just fine, but I cannot get access to the soap header.
the
> > XML generated is exactly this:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> > <soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="