Do you mean invoke a handler on the client side programatically, without a client.wsdd ? That would be:

//pre-populated, pass any set of vars as a Map to handler for custom use
HashMap invokeProps;
QName portQN = new QName(endpoint, pq);
ServiceFactory sf = ServiceFactory.newInstance();
Service svc = sf.createService(svcQName);
//add ClientHandler to chain of events
java.util.List list = svc.getHandlerRegistry().getHandlerChain(portQN);
list.add(new javax.xml.rpc.handler.HandlerInfo(ClientHandler.class,this.handlerConfig,null));

In this case ClientHandler implements javax.xml.rpc.handler.Handler .

If that's not what you meant - I guess I don't understand what you mean by pivot.

HTH,
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/