Hi Axel,

There is a handler that will do this for you - org.apache.axis.handlers.LogHandler

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/apiDocs/org/apache/axis/handlers/LogHandler.html

Just include this up in the request/response flows of your service as required. The default setting is to log the messages in a file called axis.log (where this file is written depends up the webapp server and OS i think). You should be able to configure the file it logs to with a paramter like

<handler name="LogMessages" type="java:org.apache.axis.handlers.LogHandler">
        <parameter name="filename" value="my.log"/>
</handler>

but i could never get this to work, and it insisted on using the axis.log file. Maybe someone else knows why?

Hope this helps,

Richard.

Axel Bock wrote:

Hi all,

I have another thing which I'd like to solve. I need to log all the generated XML requests into a log file, but I really have no clue whatsoever how to do that. I am working with generated stubs from a WSDL file in that particular case, so if anyone could help me doing this I would be quite happy ;) .

thanks in advance & cheers,
Axel.

p.s.: sorry if that mail comes in twice, it seems the first sending didnt work for some reason ... .