Hi Bille,

How about using "rampart" module to enable UsernameToken
authentication on that particular service. This will force all your
clients to send requests with a UsernameToken.

With this approach you can limit your configurations to the service
only. If you use a plain text password with the service then you can
carryout the authentication at the service impl itself. Or else if you
use the "PasswordDigest" mechanism you can handle handle multiple user
auth in the PasswordCallbackHandler that you specify in the
configuration.

If you are interested in this option and if this you want more
clarifications , I can provide you a further explanations.

Thanks,
Ruchith

Hello to the list,

I'm  interested how you would deal such a scenario:
I have a web service which is meant to run in an Intranet-Environment in our
company. There will be different Intranet-Websites and other applications which
will use the service.
My aim is to limit the use of the service to special clients; say application A
and D and WebSite X. How can I achieve this without using some hard coded keys
which I register at the service.
I'm against those keys because some code is accessable through a Content Management System, so it
would be easy to "copy" the keys und use it in some "not registered"
application.

I hope I put it somehow clearly into words. Thanks in adavance for any hints
and comments

Bille