Hi Dave;
pls see my comment below;

Dave Hoffer wrote:

>Deepal,
>
>Thanks for the reply and link it is very helpful!  Regarding this
>approach I have a couple of questions.
>
>- Is there any rules/requirements of the POJO's, such as, can the
>methods return other custom Java objects?  Can the methods throw
>Exceptions?  Is there any need to make these objects JavaBeans?  (I see
>in the link example the service class is not.)

Method can return , any JavaBean , any Java simple type , or OMElement ,
array of Beans or simpleTypes.
Write now if the method throw an exception we do not correctly generate
wsdl file for that , but method can throw exception and that will be
send to the client as well.

>- Can I specify the session management scope of the web-service?  I
>understand Axis2 lets you control the session management via the scope
>parameter.

yes you can , what you have to do is add the scope attribute into
services.xml as follows
<service name="myService" scope="application">

>I will try to implement a solution using the embedded technique you
>mentioned and then possibly move to the OMElement/AXIOM approach when I
>have a better understanding.
>

>Regarding your original reply, I do not fully understand your statement
>"...not need to modify (or change) your method to pass/return
>OMElement, you can use any java object as method signatures in your
>service impl class. To get the high performance it is the best way to
>use AXIOM."

What I said was service implementation class can be written in the way
that can work with any java types.

>Can you provide a link where this is explained?  Being new to Axis2 I do
>not understand the relationship of 'any java object as method signatures
>in your
>service impl class', 'pass/return OMElement usage' & AXIOM.
>
>-dh

Deepal
~Future is Open~