Hi,

   I think the problem comes because of the characters like "<" and ">" in your XML which is returned as a string inside the SOAP envelope XML. I am not very sure, but you can still see if the following works:

Replace all the "<",">" and "\" (and any other characters that might pose problems) in the string (XML) you return by "&lt", "&gt" and "&quot" respectively. At the client, do the reverse process to get your XML.

- Sai