Because it's difficult to always generate perfect WSDL. The Java2WSDL tool is a crutch. You occasionally need to edit the generated WSDL. I strongly recommend that you switch to "wrapped" style. In Java2WSDL, specify the following two switches:
-y, --style WRAPPED
The style of binding in the WSDL, either DOCUMENT, RPC, or WRAPPED.
-u, --use LITERAL
The use of items in the binding, either LITERAL or ENCODED

Anne