Ron

The right place for this question is the Synapse dev list. But let me briefly explain it here until such time you join the mailing list..

Synapse can currently create a new Axis service on behalf of another existing service. This new service is called a Proxy service in Synapse and is created programatically, and may use a different transport than the actual service you are proxying for, as well as have different QoS semantics. Synapse is also capable of getting hold of messages not dispatched to any existing service (hosted on the underlying Axis2, or proxy service) by means of a custom dispatcher placed into Axis2.

How exactly we do it in Synapse, is by deploying Synapse as an Axis Module, which will place the custom dispatcher into Axis (see \Synapse\modules\core\conf\module.xml and SynapseDispatcher.java and the SynapseMessageReceiver.java)

If you require any more information please ask on the Synapse dev mailing list.

asankha

Soactive Inc wrote:
Can anyone suggest a way (provide details please) to strip out just the necessary code from Synapse to implement a Proxy Service. I looked at Synapse and its not obvious what constructs I need for this. I don't need the other aspects of Synapse that may be useful elsewhere.

Thanks,
Ron