Title: Message
It is possible in Axis2 (not tried it myself)

google 'axis2 inheritance'
-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Fox [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 22 June 2006 15:05
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: passing objects of subtypes

My WSDL has type information, but to handle subtype objects (document-literal), I need runtime type information in the serialization of objects. .NET has the possibility of adding this; is it possible in Axis?

For example, I want to return an object of a subtype of the declared return type.

E.g.,
operation Vehicle getVehicle(String license_plate) may return an object of subclassTruck, which has additional properties. The client code would cast Vehicle to Truck.

Likewise, I want to pass an object of a subtype as a parameter.

E,g., when the client calls operation void registerVehicle(Vehicle vehicle), vehicle may actually be a Truck, and the server should be able to, if necessary, cast the argument to Truck.

Thus, the XML serialization must have the runtime class as one of its elements, presumably in the root element.

java2wsdl generates WSDL that does not have such type information.

I am aware of the all switch, but I don't think this gives the runtime information I need.

How can Axis handle this?

Thanks,

Joshua

THE INFORMATION IN THIS E-MAIL AND IN ANY ATTACHMENTS IS CONFIDENTIAL

AND MAY BE PRIVILEGED OR OTHERWISE PROTECTED FROM DISCLOSURE.
IF YOU ARE NOT THE INTENDED RECIPIENT AND HAVE RECEIVED IT IN ERROR YOU ARE ON NOTICE OF ITS STATUS.
PLEASE NOTIFY THE SENDER IMMEDIATELY BY RETURN EMAIL AND THEN DELETE THIS EMAIL AND ANY ATTACHMENT FROM YOUR SYSTEM.
YOU MUST NOT RETAIN, COPY OR USE THIS E-MAIL OR ANY ATTACHMENT FOR ANY PURPOSE, NOR DISCLOSE ALL OR ANY PART OF ITS CONTENTS TO ANY OTHER PERSON:

TO DO SO COULD BE A BREACH OF CONFIDENCE

EMAIL MAY BE SUSCEPTIBLE TO DATA CORRUPTION, INTERCEPTION AND UNAUTHORISED AMENDMENT,
AND WE DO NOT ACCEPT LIABILITY FOR ANY SUCH CORRUPTION, INTERCEPTION OR AMENDMENT OR THE CONSEQUENCES THEREOF.

WE MAY MONITOR THE CONTENT OF EMAILS SENT AND RECEIVED VIA OUR NETWORK FOR VIRUSES OR UNAUTHORISED USE AND FOR OTHER LAWFUL BUSINESS PURPOSES.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM A VIRUS IN ANY EMAIL OR ATTACHMENT.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]