Why were you unable to generate a client using Axis2?
See http://ws.apache.org/axis2/tools/1_0/CodegenToolReference.html.

Anne

On 7/6/06, M S <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

 I am a newbie trying to create a RPC-based Web Service. I created this
using Axis2 (latest nightly build dated 5th July). The problem is that I
cannot use WSDL2Java to generate the Client stubs. So what I did is to use
the old Axis (1.4 from 22nd April) to do this.

 For some reason I don't get it to work. My Client code looks like this:

 package org.apache.ws.axis;

 import javax.xml.namespace.*;
 import javax.xml.rpc.*;
 import java.rmi.*;
 import java.net.*;

 public class Client2 {

     public Client2() {}

     interface MyPrimeHandler extends Remote {
         public String echo(String echostring) throws RemoteException;
     }

     public void invokeService() {
         String msg = "Det funkar";
         try {
             String wsdlLoc =
"http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/MyService2?wsdl";;
             QName serviceName = new
QName("http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/MyService2";,
"MyService2");
             ServiceFactory sFactory = ServiceFactory.newInstance();
             Service service = sFactory.createService(new URL(wsdlLoc),
serviceName);
             MyPrimeHandler mp =
(MyPrimeHandler)service.getPort(MyPrimeHandler.class);
             String resp = mp.echo(msg);
             System.out.println(resp);
         }

         catch (Exception e) { e.printStackTrace();}

         Client2 cl2 = new Client2();
         cl2.invokeService();

 The exception that I get is:

 - Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and
javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is
disabled.
 javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException: Error processing WSDL document:
 javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException: Error processing WSDL document:
 javax.xml.rpc.ServiceException: Cannot find service:
{http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/MyService2}MyService2
     at
org.apache.axis.client.Service.initService(Service.java:250)
     at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:165)
     at
org.apache.axis.client.ServiceFactory.createService(ServiceFactory.java:198)
     at
org.apache.ws.axis.Client2.invokeService(Client2.java:22)
     at org.apache.ws.axis.Client2.main(Client2.java:33)

 I have checked and the EPR exists at the specified URL above.

 Does anyone have an idea on how I should solve this problem? Or am I
barking up the wrong tree? Perhaps there is some other way generating client
stubs with Axis2? Any help would be appreciated.

 Regards