I am working on a project that uses MX4J, Tomcat 5.5.17, and Axis 1.1.  As it is now, basically when Tomcat starts up, my MX4J MBean server code begins running.  My goal is to have the client connect to the server code using SOAP, hence the need for Axis.  For this project's purposes, deploying the server code as a web service to Axis by using the command line is unacceptable, so I have been considering alternatives.  They are:

1. Using MX4J's Resolver class (http://mx4j.sourceforge.net/docs/api/mx4j/tools/remote/resolver/soap/Resolver.html), which seems to handle Axis deployment programatically.

2. Configuring the web.xml file to specify the server code as a listener class (so that, hypothetically, the server code will run when Tomcat starts up).

3. Writing a class that extends AxisServlet, and whose init() method calls super.init() to ensure that Axis actually starts when Tomcat does.

I was hoping to hear your opinions on these options or other routes you have taken to use Axis programatically.  Thanks.

Do you Yahoo!?