Well you can also use the PHP Axis2 extention built on top of Axis2/C.
It is here: http://pecl.php.net/package/axis2

Samisa...

Alistair Young wrote:
I think there would be two ways of accessing a web service from PHP:

1 - use the java stub via PHP's Java integration - http://uk.php.net/java
2 - POST a SOAP message to the service's REST endpoint without using the stub. Just create the SOAP message in PHP - http://uk2.php.net/soap

I've never had to use Java from PHP so I'd probably try the REST approach. You'll need PHP 5 though.

Alistair