You're setting:

client.setIdentifier("123");

But returning:

return l_ client;

Is that what you intended to do ?

HTH,
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com

On 8/16/06, Charak, Vikas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi ,

I have created a web service with the following two simple methods

Method1:
        public Client getClient() {
                // Client is a simple java class with getter and setter.
                Client client= new Client();
                client.setIdentifier("123");
                return l_ client;
        }

Method2:
The second method uses java primitives
        public String getValue(String para) {
                return para;
        }

On the client side when I invoke method method2 , I did get the value
"para" where as invoking method1 returns nothing. Do I need to do any
mapping on my custom class "Client" somewhere?

Code snippet to print outpuit on client side

        OMElement result = serviceClient.sendReceive(getPayload());
        System.out.println("Result=="+ l_ result);
..

Here is my xml output (system out) on client side for method1
<ns:getClientResponse xmlns:ns="http://org.apache.axis2/xsd";><return
/><return /></ns: getClientResponse >

(No data "123" in this XML)

Any help is appreciated.