Yes, the spring docs are focused so far on the simpler cases.
Configuring spring via na AAR isn't documented yet as I need to do
more testing, but to asnswer your question I need to know where do you
want to load the spring.jar from , inside the AAR or WEB-INF/lib ?

If the spring.jar is loaded from WEB-INF/lib , that's no problem and I
can show you how to load your applicationContext.xml / beanRef.xml
from the aar to configure Spring and you can use the
ServiceObjectSupplier method to wire your beans as explained in the
docs. One caveat: I need to test this with multiple AAR's, but my
initial tests shows that it can work for one AAR .

If the spring.jar is loaded inside the AAR , you still can load your
applicationContext.xml from the aar. I'm still thinking thru, however,
if you wanted to how you could use the ServiceObjectSupplier in that
case . That's because the Spring ApplicationContext object, in the
spring jar inside the aar case , will not be visible at the
WEB-INF/lib level where the AbstractMessageReceiver will attempt to
wire the bean. There's probably a solution here but I still need to
think it thru.

In the case of the latter, perhaps I can get
AxisService.getClassLoader() at the ServiceObjectSupplier /
AbstracMessageReceiver level to get the spring ApplicationContext
object (not the xml file) from the AAR/lib/spring.jar , though that
may not work in terms of classloader isolation. Someone such as Dims
or Deepal may be able to comment .

In any case, the solution at the service level will involve the
service implementing the  org.apache.axis2.engine.Service interface
and doing the spring config in init() . There is a blocker for the
next release, axis2-1033, that when resolved will permit init() to be
called on server startup much like a servlet load on startup. My
spring inside an aar tests have been calling a service first that
configures spring until axis2-1033 is resolved. Once you let me know
which scenario you have in mind I'll work with you to get it
implemented.

Cheers,
Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/