It depends on the characters in your data. Converting the '<' to
'&lt;' is expected, but that's probably not what's causing your
problem. You might have characters in the document that can't be
properly escaped. If that's the case, you may not be able to send the
data as a string. Why not just send the XML data as XML data?

Anne