From: Davanum Srinivas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org; Martin Gainty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: Ali Sadik Kumlali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 8:34:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Axis2][Post 1.0-20060920] Problem while reaching container's
context from within service skeleton

Guys,

Please stop running around in cricles :) There's a jira. I'm in the
process of evaluting a possible fix. Stay tuned. I'll ask all of you
to test it though :)

-- dims

On 9/22/06, Martin Gainty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> this article
> http://www.theserverside.com/discussions/thread.tss?thread_id=41709
> suggests
> -one of the properties you are attempting to access are missing (assuming
ejb-jar.xml)
> -classes (most probably Remote access to your bean) is missing in local jar
>
> I found this to be a good example to create a remote interface
> http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/excerpt/ejb4_chap4/index.html?page=1
>
> Then again this error could be specific to the version of AppServer..did you
mention which AppServer and version?
> M-
> addressed.  If you have received this email message in error, please notify

to make server context accessable/non-accessable from a class deployed on it :)

> > BTW, since deployment models are different (WAR and EAR), wouldn't it be
clearer to create a new issue and link them?

> > Regards,
> >
> > Ali Sadik Kumlali

transport receiver which delegates the incoming message to the actual service. When my message
passed into Axis2 service skeleton, I need to call a remote EJB which is deployed in another EAR
file. But, I constantly get "java.lang.ClassCastException: Cannot narrow remote object to
..." exception while calling remote EJB. It doesn't occur when I call it from within MDB.

> >> To be more clear;
> >> - MDB
> >>   - initializes Axis2
> >>    - retrieves incoming message
> >>   - passes the message to the Axis2 service
> >> - Axis2 service skeleton
> >>   - retrieves message sent through MDB
> >>   - calls remote EJB
> >>
> >> I create initial context without passing environment map and hoping it to
be passed automaticaly by the server. But, I don't understand why this solution works in
MDB but not in service skeleton.

> >> I've put remote interfaces' jar;
> >> - under lib folder of service .aar file - didn't work
> >> - under ear file and addressing it in MANIFEST.MF file - didn't work
> >> - into system classpath - *worked* but smells like a work around and I
don't know how it worked, actually :)

> >> I am using;
> >> - Windows XP professional
> >> - Java 1.4.2_12
> >> - WebLogic 8.1 SP3
> >> - axis2.ear which comprises axis2 libraries, MDB, definitions for remote
EJB