From: John Pfeifer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To: axis-user@ws.apache.org

Sent: Thursday, October 5, 2006 4:07:57 PM

Subject: Schema Validation using Axis2

Schema Validation using Axis2

  I have created a test web service (see below).  This service uses the
RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver and by default does not have a wsdl.  I created a
WSDL  (where I defined the schema of the xml document) and placed it in the
META-INF directory.  When I test the web service with xml that doesn't adhere
to the schema, the request is still processed.  Does axis2 ignore the WSDL?  If
so, how can I validate the schema before it is passed to my web service?  I
would prefer to have all of the field level validations performed before I pass
the XML off to JiBX.  I understand that schema validation can be expensive, but
I am dealing with small XML documents and am willing to take the hit for the
benefit of the field level validations.  I would think that this is a common
issue that someone else has solved, so any help you can provide would be
greatly appreciated.

 public class TestWebService {

     private MessageContext inMessageContext = null;

     public void setOperationContext(OperationContext opContext) throws
AxisFault {

         this.inMessageContext =
opContext.getMessageContext(WSDLConstants.MESSAGE_LABEL_IN_VALUE);

     }

     public OMElement SendEmail(OMElement element) throws AxisFault,
XMLStreamException {

         System.out.println("test start");

 JP4