From: Magnet, Jerome (CAR:QT11)
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 5:48 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: RE: Compilation error with WSDL2Java and XmlBeans

I finally managed to generate something based on the WSDL2Java and the
XmlBeans databinding.
I have been simplifying my set of xml files (WSDL & XSD) up to a point
where the generation provides the set of expected Java files and
associated resources.

I capture in this long (too long) thread two sets of WSDL files and
their WSDL2Java invokation cmds:

Set#1: one WSDL file (MyService2.wsdl with WSDL2Java invoke script:
wsdl2.bat) with all interface definitions (WSDL/XSD) This one is working
- I did not check in depth the generated Java files.
But, after a quick tour it seems fine.

Set#2: three WSDL files (other ones)
This one is just a simple split of the one in set#1. It is simply a
cascading pattern of wsdl:include with file1 into file2 into file3. And,
that is enough to brake the generation of all XmlBeans derived
artifacts.

So, it seems clear that WSDL2Java has some issues with wsdl:include. I
don't understand how it interferes with the XmlBeans code generation.

Also, here is a list of other definition styles that I though were
issues with axis2 WSDL2Java (but seems ok to me):
- I have two operations in my interface (portType). And, that is not an
issue here (Brenan you may want to have a look at that)
- I have two different namespaces. One for all WSDL definitions and
another for all Schema definitions
- I have two parts for the soap binding of the two operations; one part
for the SOAP header (header schema element in my namespace) One part for
the SOAP body (payload schema element specific to the operation message)
That works well and the signature of my operations in my Java interface
looks fine (in the working set#1 :) )

So, I think we can close this long email thread. I will submit a JIRA
with the attached files. I appreciate all the help I received for this
request. This forum is very active. I hope the response from axis2 team
will be the same!

Final note about what I am trying to do with Axis2.
I am currently the editor of the MTOSI XML (WSDL/XSD) solution set,
which is an interface developed by Telecom standard organization
(www.tmforum.org). I am interested in Axis2 as an open source toolkit to
help with the definition of our specifications reference implementation
development. Our XML solution set proposes WS based on a set of WSDL and
XSD files with a complex level of references. Definitions using import
and includes in XSD and WSDL are commonly found across several
namespaces (XSD and WSDL) in various locations.

The reason for all of that complexity is due to a logical break down of
the overal XML definitions from various packages with UML modeling of
the interfaces and the data model.

So, I will be happy in helping axis2 developers improve the WSDL2Java
tool, by testing it against our XML specs.

Thanks,
Jerome