Sorry for the repost.
-----

I have a set of Axis 1.1 webservices for which I generate WSDL using the ant
task axis-java2wsdl.  1.1 builds work perfectly.  I need to migrate to 1.4,
however.
In my ant file I point to Axis 1.4, run the build and receive the following:

     [echo] generating CreateEmployee
[axis-java2wsdl] Java2WSDL com.adp.fsa.server.methods.CreateEmployee
[axis-java2wsdl] java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer
[axis-java2wsdl]        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseSerializerFactory.getSpecialized(BaseSerializerFactory.java
[axis-java2wsdl]        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseSerializerFactory.getSerializerAsInternal(BaseSerializerFac
1)

With debugging messages in the 1.4 code, I get the following:

     [echo] generating CreateEmployee
[axis-java2wsdl] Java2WSDL com.adp.fsa.server.methods.CreateEmployee
[axis-java2wsdl] SER IS INSTANCEOF SERIALIZER?: class
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer
[axis-java2wsdl] false
[axis-java2wsdl] SER CLASS LOADER: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[axis-java2wsdl] SER SHOULD BE INSTANCEOF THIS: interface
org.apache.axis.encoding.Serializer
[axis-java2wsdl] FACTORY CLASS [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[axis-java2wsdl] --->org.apache.axis.encoding.Serializer
[axis-java2wsdl] --->java.io.Serializable
[axis-java2wsdl] java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanSerializer
[axis-java2wsdl]        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseSerializerFactory.getSpecialized(BaseSerializerFactory.java:181)
[axis-java2wsdl]        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BaseSerializerFactory.getSerializerAsInternal(BaseSerializerFactory.java:9

Interestingly, I get a ClassCastException on BeanSerializer, which does
implement the org.apache.axis.encoding.Serializer.  I get the same results with
Axis 1.2 and 1.3.

I've not changed any source or configuration information.  What am I doing
wrong?