Wrapped is supported by both ADB and JiBX data binding options.

ADB actually still generates the full set of wrapper classes, but provides convenience client stub and service implementation methods which expose the individual parameters. Behind the scenes, ADB generated code handles packaging up the parameters into the wrapper object on the client side, and extracting the parameters from the wrapper object on the server side. The result object remains wrapped.

JiBX unwrapping goes a little further in ease of use (or at least *I* think it does - but I'm the one who wrote the JiBX unwrapping, so I'm biased :-) ). With JiBX unwrapped there are no classes that correspond to the wrapper schema types. Unwrapped method parameters are used directly, as are the return types.

On the other hand, the JiBX support currently doesn't extend to generating code for the actual data objects. This means you have to write your own data objects and binding definition for any complex structures passed as parameters (or extract the schema from the WSDL and use the JiBX xsd2jibx tool to generate the data object classes and binding, if your schema is simple enough).

There's an example for JiBX unwrapped handling that was added to the code post-RC1, so once RC2 is out you'll be able to get a better idea of how this works.

 - Dennis

Dennis M. Sosnoski
SOA, Web Services, and XML
Training and Consulting

Manuel Ernstberger wrote:
Hello Davanum,

I know that Axis2 supports rpc/lit and doc/lit, but AFAIK not yet the wrapped
style. So I wanted to know when the *wrapped* style will be supported.

Regards,
Manuel

-------- Original-Nachricht --------