From: "Hoskins, Stephen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2006 11:32 AM
Subject: How to debug?

Hi all

My apologies if this is a naive question.

Basically, my Axis2 service is not working and I would like to know how
I determine what the problem is.

I am using Axis2 1.0 and Tomcat 5.0. My service classes log that they
instantiated okay and the Axis admin screens for the service all look
correct. But whenever I run a test client against the service I get a
stack trace:

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
/services/TestService; nested exception is:
    org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
/services/TestService; nested exception is:
    org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
/services/TestService; nested exception is:
    org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
/services/TestService
    at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(Common
sHTTPTransportSender.java:223)
    at org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:589)
    at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOper
ation.java:328)
    at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.execute(OutInAxisO
peration.java:279)
    at
com.logicacmg.gt.testservice.axis.generated.TestServiceStub.viewProduct(
TestServiceStub.java:133)
    at
com.logicacmg.gt.testservice.control.SimpleClient.getProduct(SimpleClien
t.java:55)
    at
com.logicacmg.gt.testservice.control.SimpleClient.<init>(SimpleClient.ja
va:37)
    at
com.logicacmg.gt.testservice.control.SimpleClient.main(SimpleClient.java
:23)
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
/services/TestService; nested exception is:
    org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
/services/TestService
    at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageW
ithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:305)
    at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(Common
sHTTPTransportSender.java:207)
    ... 28 more
Caused by: org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Axis2 transport error :
/services/TestService
    at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.SOAPOverHTTPSender.send(SOAPOverHTTPSend
er.java:117)
    at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessageW
ithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:299)
    ... 29 more

There is nothing useful in the logs, the request is not reaching my
service classes.

This is my second service, the first one worked fine.

My current idea is to insert some more log messages into the Axis2
source code to trace what is happening, but surely there must be a
better approach?

Many thanks

Steve Hoskins