Set the options

org.apache.axis2.Constants.Configuration.CHARACTER_SET_ENCODING

http://www.wso2.net/articles/axis2/java/2006/08/01/client-api-parameters

You can do this with ServiceClient or generated code

-- dims

On 10/31/06, Bruno Negrao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Guys, I'm developing a JAVA GUI that runs on Windows XP where the user can
enter account data that will be stored on a linux+postgre server.

The data is sent from the GUI to the postgre server using soap. I'm using
axis2 on the client side. (the server-side uses Perl SOAP)

The problem is the server is configured to use ISO-8859-1, while my Java
application is sending the data using UTF-8. All the strings containing
non-ascii characters are being stored incorrectly on the server. The server
is not converting from utf-8 to iso-8859-i before storing the data.

Since the people on the server-side say "we cannot change nothing", and they
suggested "you have to send this data in iso-8859-1", I'm obligated to send
my SOAP post's using ISO-8859-1 strings instead of UTF-8.

I have no idea of how can I do this. Can someone give some hints on this?

Thank you very much,

bruno.