OK. The third constructor looks like this:

public BinarytestStub(org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContext
configurationContext,
       java.lang.String targetEndpoint)
       throws org.apache.axis2.AxisFault {
        //To populate AxisService
        populateAxisService();
        populateFaults();
        _serviceClient = new
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient(configurationContext, _service);
        configurationContext =
_serviceClient.getServiceContext().getConfigurationContext();
        _serviceClient.getOptions().setTo(new
org.apache.axis2.addressing.EndpointReference(
                targetEndpoint));
    }

When I set the Endpoint like you said I get a
java.net.SocketTimeoutException for "my.proxy.de"  and a
java.net.UnknownHostException when I put "http://my.proxy.de";
I don't understand why the host is not found because
if I try with my web browser I can contact the host all right.

I browsed through the online resources but it didn't say what is wrong in my
case.

Cheers,
Pete

P.S. I can send the three files for the client by mail if appropriate.