Looking at my old axis 1.x code ... it depends on what handler
interface you are using. For example:

//add ClientHandler to chain of events
     java.util.List list = svc.getHandlerRegistry().getHandlerChain(portQN);
     list.add(new
javax.xml.rpc.handler.HandlerInfo(ClientHandler.class,this.handlerConfig,null));

handlerConfig is a HashMap . So if your client handler implements
javax.xml.rpc.handler.Handler , you'll have access to 'public void
init(HandlerInfo config)' which can do 'Map configProps =
config.getHandlerConfig();' .

Beyond that I don't remember much ;-) .

HTH,
Robert