Hi there,

I've come across a problem with Axis 2's handling of RPC types.

If I set the input arguments in the Client to:

String handler="doThis";

Weather w=new Weather();
w.setTemperature((float)39.3);
w.setForecast("Cloudy with showers");
w.setRain(true);
w.setHowMuchRain((float)4.5);

Object[] args={ handler, w };
QName operation = new QName("http://ws.datacentre.company.com/xsd";, "handle");
Class[] returnTypes = new Class[] { Weather.class };

Object[] response = serviceClient.invokeBlocking(operation,args,returnTypes);

System.out.println("reponse = "+response+" type: "+response.getClass().getName());

And a service with the method:

public Object handle(String handler,Object object);

I find that the data I get is command:="doThis" and object:=null

My intention is to build a generic web service that can take any type (by upcasting to object) and through an internal XML document, be able to map it to its real class so I can cast and perform operations on it as defined by the XML (this is not SOAP - its BePel) Is there any way of overcoming this? And I've noticed Axis does not tell me about the problem - its justs passing in null refs...

Thanks,

John