Phillipp and Marcel,

Make sure you know where the out of memory error is occurring. With a web service, you could be getting it on the client side as well as the service side depending on how you log it. Also, I've run into issues using TCP Mon in between the two when it runs out of memory. I solved that by upping the heap space as Marcel suggested on all parties involved.

Hope this helps.

Jon

Philipp Perner wrote:
Hi,

Do you have already a solution for this problem?
I'm facing the same problem, that I get the following error transferring files greater than 2,5 Mb:

2006-12-11 15:17:18 StandardWrapperValve[action]: Servlet.service() for servlet action threw exception

Can someone comment, on the issue how to transfer files greater than mentioned above? Is the memory allocation for example in JAVA_OPTS the only clue?

kr,

Philipp

Marcel Casado schrieb:
Hi,

I have a service that extracts data from a sql table and builds objects from the results and then sends them back to the client. I use ADB but I'm running out of memory for large query results. I'm running the service onTomcat and I setup setenv JAVA_OPTS "-Xmx1024m -Xms1024m" .What I can do for large soap body messages ? Should the use of MTOM help me whit memory problems? Does any body an example of using MTOM to handle big XML objects ?

I already took a look to the MTOM tutorial but is still not clear to me if this will solve the problem.

Thanks, Marcel