Well, not quite.
I get the exception only when I expect it. I am basically querying some stuff
from the client here, by passing some
parameters.
When my params are good, the service can process them properly and returns
appropriate data.
Then I deliberately pass in bad data (only bad data, not bad request), where
the service cannot process such data and
returns me an exception. say even an NPE, which I am wrapping in an AxisFault
and throwing to the client.
In this scenario, the client only throws an OMException, where I'd expect an
AxisFault which the service actually threw.

This is actually just a simple test for axis' exception propagation capability.
My only question is, when the response is valid (atleast seems to me it is
valid), why do I get the OMException.

Thanks,
Sathija