Ruchith,

My https configuration does not require client to authenticate itself.

I have already included security in Axis2 with rampart. It works fine when axis server is hosted in http. But, when i hosted the same axis in https domain, the client can not connect to axis server.
It throws nullPointerException.

I used the same key that is used for https as client key in axis client (for testing purpose) and it worked properly without errors. But when I use self signed certificate in axis client, it does not work.

The only configuration I changed for https was in axis2.xml file of web service client. <transportSender name="" class="org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender"> <parameter name="PROTOCOL" locked="false">HTTP/1.1</parameter>
                <parameter name="Transfer-Encoding">chunked</parameter>
       </transportSender>

Should I do any more configuration changes?

The next question is, if i intend to use axis in https, should i need to configure rampart?

Thanks
Subash

Ruchith Fernando wrote:
How have you configured HTTPS at the service? (the servlet container
axis2 is deployed). Does it require the client to authenticate itself
with its certificate?

if so you MUST add the client cert into the container's trust store
and then configure the client's following JSSE properties properly.
javax.net.ssl.keyStore
javax.net.ssl.keyStoreType
javax.net.ssl.keyStoreType

However even if the HTTPS config of the container does not require
client auth you MUST have the CA cert of the CA that signed the
container's cert in your jre/lib/security/cacerts store or if it uses
a self signed cert then you can override trust store config with the
JSSE properties. Please see here for more information [1]

Thanks,
Ruchith

[1] http://java.sun.com/products/jsse/install.html