From: Thilina Gunarathne [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 25, 2006 11:35 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axis2 - schema and WSDL

Srinath had this[1] blog entry some time back which contains the use of
XMLBeans generated code with the Axis 2 DII api...  Seems like it is
addresses your problem..

Also have a look at the databinding sample which comes with Axis2..
(Axis2/modules/samples/databinding).. It's bit more complex than the
above and shows how users can plug in data binding frameworks easily..

Thanks,
Thilina

[1]http://www.bloglines.com/blog/hemapani?id=99

On 12/24/06, Ajith Ranabahu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
> XMLBeans can compile the schema into a set of classes that maps a
> schema to a class and also includes the code to convert a instance XML

> to an object instance (vice versa). This is what we call databinding
> However when you want to build a service it needs the plumbing code to

> get the XML message from the SOAP framework and do all the things that

> is specific to your framework. This code cannot be generated just by
> looking at the schema!. That is why you need the WSDL. This way of
> writing services is known as the 'contract first' and since you have
> the schema I think contract first way is the right way for you
>
> Ajith
>
> On 12/23/06, Danny Lin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Thank you, Ajith, for responding. I am very new to Web Services and
> > Axis2. I was doing some reading yesterday and found out that
> > XMLBeans has utility to convert XSD to Java. If I generate Java code

> > with XMLBeans, will I be able to produce correct web service message

> > that's in compliance with the schema I give? Or, I still need to
> > have WSDL in order to make it to work?
> >
> > Thanks again.
> >
> > Danny

Thilina Gunarathne