Yes you do need Rampart 1.1. I have been using rampart 1.1 with the nightly builds for about a month now. You can ignore all the policy stuff. In fact I have not always even loaded rahas.mar.
I did not need to make any wsdl changes for rampart 1.1.

However, using rampart 1.1 did break the soap 1.1 fault message handling. There is a jira about this, AXIS2-1643. The cause is evidently caused by a bug in WSCOMMONS-104.

Using SOAP 1.2 gets around this.

Mary  Thompson

Rishi krish wrote:
Hi
I have downloaded the axis2 1.1.1 rc1 and I have some setup questions:
1>What version of rampart should I download? I assume the answer is rampart 1.1. 2>I have been using rampart 1.0 along with axis2 and if I have to use rampart 1.1 will all my services.xml securiy deployment xml format change? I see the samples from rampart 1.1 [basic samples] and they seem exactly same as before. But the site for downloading rampart1.1 says "The WS-Security and WS-SecureConversation implementation for axis2. Now with a new configuration model based on WS-SecurityPolicy " I am confused at the "new configuration model " statement. If I am not using ws-policy or security policy can I still go on using the old [rampart 1.0] way of specifying security attributes. 3>Getting compilation error in using the piece of code below - used to work for axis2 1.0 release.
*if*(httpUserName != *null* && httpPassword != * null*)

{

HttpTransportProperties.BasicAuthentication basicAuthentication =

*new* HttpTransportProperties().*new* BasicAuthentication();

basicAuthentication.setUsername(

"axis2");

basicAuthentication.setPassword(

"axis2");

options.setProperty(

org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPConstants.BASIC_AUTHENTICATION,

basicAuthentication);

}

4>I was using OperationContext to get some custom parameters from services.xml. Should I start using MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext().getParameter(..) instead?

thanks
Rishi