Hi,

Although it might be strange to be asking this after developing an application with Axis, the truth is that there are some questions still open.

I've developed an application that makes use of axis for creating a web service for XML message exchanging. More accurately I have a service that receives a XML document with some information and makes some processing with it, rebuilds it and sends it back to the server for some other job.

For this implementation I've chosen the Message service style, but I've been wondering why not use the Document style since I'm exchanging documents? I know that the document style has a return type of void, which by itself would explain why not use it for message exchanging (at least I think ...). But since Message style seems to be an axis specific implementation, is there any other way of doing this, even if it for compatibility pour purpose?

How was this done before Message style existed?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro Silva