Thank you for replying.
Sorry, but it is not clear about:
1) Will the error be in the axis log files, or in the
Tomcat log files?
2) How do I turn on logging for axis. ie. where should
I put the log properties file and will it be
automatically picked up?

thanks,
Anil

--- Yura Tkachenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> try to specify DEBUG, because even with INFO you can
> see nothing. You need
> to have log4j.properties file for Tomcat. Here is
> example of
> log4j.properties:
>
> # Set root category priority to INFO and its only
> appender to CONSOLE.
> log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE
> #log4j.rootCategory=INFO, CONSOLE, LOGFILE
>
> # Set the enterprise logger category to FATAL and
> its only appender to
> CONSOLE.
> log4j.logger.org.apache.axis.enterprise=FATAL,
> CONSOLE
>
> # CONSOLE is set to be a ConsoleAppender using a
> PatternLayout.

log4j.appender.CONSOLE=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
> log4j.appender.CONSOLE.Threshold=INFO

log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
> log4j.appender.CONSOLE.layout.ConversionPattern=-
> %m%n
>
> # LOGFILE is set to be a File appender using a
> PatternLayout.
> log4j.appender.LOGFILE=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
> log4j.appender.LOGFILE.File=axis.log
> log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Append=true
> log4j.appender.LOGFILE.Threshold=INFO

log4j.appender.LOGFILE.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout