I recommend using Axis2. If the messages you will receive are encoded
using SOAP Encoding, then you'll have to use Axis instead. Don't under
any circumstances even think about using Apache SOAP.

You say you are "subscribing" to messages from a server? How are you
doing that? Is the server using WS-Eventing or WS-Notification? If
not, then how does this server support subscriptions?

What information do you have about this server and the messages it
will send you?

Anne