The problem you describe is named "web services interoperability".

I think you should consider the possibility of use a BPEL workflow engine if you need more interaction between web services.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Miguel Ferreira" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <axis-user@ws.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 12:52 PM
Subject: Shared data types between services

Dear all,

How can I share a message definition (i.e. object definition or data type) between two different web services?
The idea is the following:

I have two distinct web services: service A and service B with web methods method1 and method2 respectly. Both methods receive a "Parameter" object type as argument and return the same type.

ServiceA
- Paramenter method1(Parameter p);
ServiceB
- Paramenter method2(Parameter p);

I want to build a client that invokes method1 on ServiceA and uses the response to call method2 on ServiceB. For example:

Parameter a = serviceA.method1(p);
serviceB.method2(a);

The problem is that while building the stubs (using WSDL2Java), I end up with two different "Parameter" objects, so composition is not possible.
I can one solve this problem from a SOA perspective using axis.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Miguel

- -
Miguel Ferreira (researcher)
Department of Information Systems
University of Minho Campus de Azurém
4800-058 Guimarães, Portugal
http://www.dsi.uminho.pt/~ferreira/
Phone: +351 253 510 261 / FAX: +351 253 510 300 / Ext.: 510261