It's a bit fluid...Example if you are running in JDK1.4 you don't need
 xml-apis-1.0.b2.jar and  xalan-2.7.0.jar. If you are running in
JDK1.6, you don't need stax-api-1.0.1.jar. If you don't need our
experimental wsdl20 support, then you can drop woden-1.0.0M6.jar. If
you don't run xpath over axiom, then you can drop
jaxen-1.1-beta-10.jar. I think the stax parser in JDK1.6 may work in
most cases, then you won't need wstx-asl-3.2.0.jar. So in the end, you
have to do this yourself, for your use case, for your environment what
whatever you do. make sure you do three things...test, test, test :)

Thanks for the insight.  That's the kind of info that I was looking for.