Hi All;

The BOF we had at the ApcheConUS 2006 I suggested the idea of supporting
custom deployers into Axis2. The main reason with that was in Axis2 we
can not easily deploy new file extension (as an example JavaScript ) ,
and In JAXWS side they are doing all the initialization at the
MessageReceiver level since they do not have a deployment plug point. So
with this approach we have much more flexibility ,among them

- If you do not like the directory name “services” and “modules” then
you can easily changed that to whatever you like
- If you do not like the .aar , .mar file extension you can easily
change that to whatever you like
- If you want make a javaScript into a AxisService (or Module) and you
want to deploy that into a new directory inside the repository (let's
say folder called “javaScript”) you can easily do that.
- If you want to deploy test file as a service, module, Transport or
even Parameter you can do that
- Among the most useful thing we can easily write a new Deployer to make
Axis1 service into Axis2

I spent last night and completed the new approach (I am very sorry for
implementing the feature w.o letting know the community), which
introduces a new Interface called “Deployer” with fore method. If you
want to write a new Deployer then you need to implement that .

I changed the current Deployment mechanism to work the new approach.

With new approach if you want to add new Deployer, then the following
are the steps;
- First write a class implementing Deployer interface
- Second add the following entry to to axis2.xml
<deployer extension="aar" directory="service"
class="org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceDeployer"/>

I think this is one of the very cool features I added to Axis2 and hope
no one will -1 on this , I will commmit the changes soon. If everything
goes well we can keep the code else we can revert.

here is my +1 for this feature as well as for commiting the code.

Thanks
Deepal