Thanks, that makes sense. I understand the workaround for getting the service
to show the correct WSDL.

However, there seems to be a problem with the client codegen for
rpc/literal.  So far I have only managed to make it work correctly with
parameter that has a simple type (I tried xs:string)  When I change the type
of the parameter to complex type, the client no longer adds the "part"
element to the SOAP message it sends.   Instead the "operation" element
contains the complex data directly as if the SOAP message was a document
literal style message.

I am using the axis2 eclipse codegen plugin 1.1.1 with the default option
(ie adb generation).  I'll attach the WSDLs once I think I have a
reproducible case

Tim