Kay,

This may help....If you mean that your Object[] in your example
represents a specific object (rather than an array of actual base class
Objects) and you are wondering why you are getting the default OMElement
as a return type, I had a similar problem. I had the wrong namespace
prefix in the response message part of my WSDL...

...given the following namespace definitions:

xmlns:ns1=http://GrantCredit.webservice.rules.space.com/types
<http://GrantCredit.webservice.rules.space.com/types>   < note this is
the 'types' genned by the wsdl2java tooling....

xmlns:ns=http://GrantCredit.webservice.rules.space.com
<http://GrantCredit.webservice.rules.space.com>

...the following was incorrect (red) because in order to be genned into
the correct EvaluateRule and EvaluateRuleResponse objects
I should reference the correct namespace/prefix:

<wsdl:message name="EvaluateRuleMessage">

     <wsdl:part element="ns:EvaluateRule" name="Request" />

</wsdl:message>

<wsdl:message name="EvaluateRuleResponseMessage">

     <wsdl:part element="ns:EvaluateRuleResponse" name="Response" />

</wsdl:message>

<wsdl:portType name="GrantCreditServicePortType">

     <wsdl:operation name="grantCredit">

          <wsdl:input message="ns:EvaluateRuleMessage" />

          <wsdl:output message="ns:EvaluateRuleResponseMessage" />

     </wsdl:operation>

</wsdl:portType>

The result was my return object was generated as an OMElement because i
guess it got confused as to what object it needed to be.

...corrected (red):

<wsdl:message name="EvaluateRuleMessage">

     <wsdl:part element="ns1:EvaluateRule" name="Request" />

</wsdl:message>

<wsdl:message name="EvaluateRuleResponseMessage">

     <wsdl:part element="ns1:EvaluateRuleResponse" name="Response" />

</wsdl:message>

<wsdl:portType name="GrantCreditServicePortType">

     <wsdl:operation name="grantCredit">

          <wsdl:input message="ns:EvaluateRuleMessage" />

          <wsdl:output message="ns:EvaluateRuleResponseMessage" />

     </wsdl:operation>

</wsdl:portType>

This resulted int he correct return type. Maybe you need to review your
WSDL?

aj

Alan R Jones
Boeing S&IS Mission Systems